SPRING 2019 NEWSLETTER
Last year brought with it exciting changes to the Scarborough Teaching Alliance with Scalby School gaining its designation as a Teaching School alongside Childhaven Nursery School. With more courses and networks offered as well as inspirational speakers, the Alliance continues to grow and provide great quality CPD opportunities for teachers up and down the Yorkshire Coast.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE AUTUMN TERM
- Russell Hobby visited in November to inspire local colleagues at the Scarborough Spa as he discussed how to make a difference to the life chances of pupils and families.
- Ross Morrison McGill aka TeacherToolkit inspired local teachers at the Scarborough Spa on the 4th December. Colleagues from up and down the Yorkshire Coast were treated to free hot sandwiches, a copy of his book Mark. Plan. Teach and given some practical advice to implement in the classroom.
- The English Network hosted Simon Smith as an inspirational speaker on the 29th November 2018 to discuss the importance of picture books. Schools were gifted three of the books that Simon had recommended through Opportunity Area funding.
- The Chartered College of Teaching Research Network launched in November 2018 has proved popular among colleagues from both local primary and secondary schools. The sharing of ideas and discussing research projects has been inspiring for all those involved – if you want to find more about the Research Network, please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Up and Coming Events and CPD in the Spring Term
- The Scarborough Teaching Alliance are delighted to welcome Tom Sherrington on the 28th March 2019 as the next inspirational speaker to visit the beautiful Yorkshire Coast. More details and how to book here.
- Our Secondary NQT/RQT programme has recently launched offering helpful tips for those in their first years of teaching. These courses, hosted at Scalby School, provide useful and practical advice and are free for Alliance members and Opportunity Area schools. Find out more here.
- The Coastal Science Network is taking place on the 11th March 2019 at Scalby School with a focus on transition and is open to colleagues from both primary and secondary schools. To book a place visit here.
- NEW funded opportunity for Early Career Teachers – The Accelerate Teaching Programme is an exciting new programme led by Education Development Trust in partnership with the Chartered College of Teaching. Over a four-term period, participants will have access to evidence-informed content delivered through blended learning, specialist instructional coaching and peer-to-peer support through communities of practice.
- Coming soon: - The Alliance Research and Professional Development Library will be launching soon - if you have any books you’d recommend we purchase please let us know via the email below or by Twitter @scarboroteach
For more information or how to book on any of the above opportunities, please email Charlotte Thickett at email@example.com