Our Peer Review programme is based on a highly successful peer review model which provides challenge and support for schools, whilst suggesting robust SEF judgements that are objective, fair and based securely on evidence.
The aims of the programme are:
- To enable headteachers to access an open, honest, supportive and constructive peer review that facilitates professional dialogue to support schools on their school improvement journey
- To identify, celebrate and share good practice
- To focus on improving outcomes for pupils within a school’s ethos, values and vision.
Alliance headteachers have shaped the programme and considered the effectiveness of reviews. They identified a number of benefits of the programme, including:
- reassurance and evidence to back up headteacher judgements;
- identification of strengths and good practice in addition to clear targets for improvement;
- the opportunity to work in genuine partnership with colleagues.
We are grateful to Andrew Mackle MTS and The Swaledale Teaching Alliance for their input and support with the programme.